THE BOYD DISASTER.
The Dublin Port Diving Bellby Cormac F. Lowth
This article was first published in The International Journal of Diving History, Volume 3, Number 1, July 2010
[caption id="attachment_5201" align="alignleft" width="200"] The Baily Optic[/caption]This working Optic is the light from Baily lighthouse in Howth, North Dublin. It was installed in 1902 and removed in 1972 when the lighthouse was modernised. The lighthouse was originally gas, then vapourised paraffin powered, the light was equivalent to 2,000,000 candle power. The optic now shines a lesser light over the museum.