You can now buy your entrance tickets here and they will be emailed to you. Tickets will be delivered as a PDF. It’s important that you keep this PDF.
When you receive the email, please either print out your ticket and make sure you bring it with you or you can keep the PDF on your phone so that we can scan the QR Code on the ticket when you arrive. The National Maritime Museum is delighted to have received our certificate for the Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 safety charter
Note: The tickets are open-ended tickets. There are no time slots. If you buy an entrance ticket for the museum, you can use it anytime
Limited Access to the Museum
Wednesday 15th December – Limited Access between 11.00 and 2.30pm as we are hosting a wedding
Christmas Opening Times
The museum will close on December 23rd at 5:00pm and will reopen on January 4th at 11:00am
- Like in a retail setting, masks will have to be worn in the museum at all times. They are compulsory.
- In the short term, we will not be accepting bookings from groups.
- There will be no guided tours in the short-term.
- There will be Perspex screens in reception.
- There will be sanitising stations at the entrance, exit and throughout the museum.
- Patrons will have to follow a ‘one-way system’ moving through the museum and up to the balcony Floor signage will guide you through that journey.
- We would ask visitors to refrain from touching any of the exhibits or glass cabinets.
- We have a strict cleaning regime in place for the museum and the exhibits.
- We will closely monitor the numbers of visitors in the museum at any one time to ensure that social distancing is possible.