- The Crescent City
- Fethard Lifeboat Disaster
- The sinking of Arandora Star
- Morven Disaster
- The Dunworley Slave Ship.
- M.V. Plassy
- Irish Poplar
- M.V. Kilkenny by Austin Gill
- Vasa – 50 years on
- The wanderer at Kingstown and John Masefield
- SS Lochgarry
- The Lady Nelson
- RNLB Mary Stanford
- Rochdale and Prince of Wales
- MV Kerlogue, neutral Irish ship
- The Wreck of the Bolivar
- Where are the Barges now?
- Commemorative Brochure
- Kenneth King Paintings
- Remember: Clonlara, convoy OG71
- Remember – Munster
- Remember: Irish Pine and 33 crew
- Irish Oak – torpedoed mid-Atlantic
- Remember – Kyleclare and 18 crew
- Remember – Luimneach
- Remember: ILV Isolda, 6 lost
- Remember: Ardmore with 24 crew
- City of Limerick, bombed and sunk
- Remember: City of Bremen
- City of Waterford, convoy OG74
- Remember: Steam Trawler Leukos
- Remember: Naomh Garbhan with 3
- Remember – SS Meath
- Remember: Kerry Head, 12 crew
- Innisfallen, mined, sunk, 4 crew lost
- Remember: St Fintan with 9 crew
- Remember: Cymric and 11 crew
- Ireland's WWII Sea Losses
- Fun Things to do
- History and Restoration of Church
- Book Reviews
- Frank Forde
- Dr Edward Bourke
- Pat Sweeney
- Roy Stokes
- Cormac Lowth
- Book Reviews
Monday, 14 May 2012: A lecture: HMS THETIS will be held in the DUN LAOGHAIRE CLUB, EBLANA LODGE, 3 EBLANA AVE. DUN LAOGHAIRE. COMMENCING AT 8.00P.M. BAR OPEN AT 7.30P.M. The speaker will be David Roberts MA -BBC marine presenter. He will tell the story of the THETIS -the 1939 submarine disaster in Liverpool Bay…
The annual commemoration for those who have no grave but the sea, will be held in Belfast on Sunday 13 May 2012. Hosted by the Merchant Navy Association of Northern Ireland. Some members of the MII will travel. If you wish, contact us via the museum shop in the Shopping Center.
The next maritime lecture at Lismullen institute (Situated on N4 about 8 miles on Dublin side of Navan) is scheduled for Wednesday 17th October 2012 at 8.00 in Lismullin Conference Centre. The title is “Merchants and mariners of 16th Century Meath”. The speaker is Dr Fionnán Tuite from Dunshaughlin who has recently obtained his PhD from UCD School of History and Archives for a thesis on Meath in the 16th century. He gave a talk in Lismullin on Meath and the nine years war a few years ago. This is another aspect of his study.
Maritime Institute of Ireland – 2012 Lecture Series – An Illustrated Lecture “Titanic, Locked in History” by Michael O’Flaherty in Stella Maris Seafarers’ Club, Beresford Place, Dublin 1Thursday 19 April 2012 at 8pm (behind Customs House, beteween Irish Life ILAC Car Park and Busaras Luas Stop) Bar and refreshments available – voluntrary contribution – phone:0861503766
Lecture: The East India Company in Kinsale, 15 March 2012 at 8pm in Stella Maris, by Paddy O’Sullivan
The Paddys Day Snorkel in aid of the RNLI will kick off at 9:00 am on the 17th of March from Coliemore Harbour.
Admiral Brown’s Death: 155th Anniversary Ceremony. MII pays homage to the Mayo Admiral.
Today, March the 3rd, a ceremony took place at the Recoleta Cemetery (Buenos Aires, Argentina), in order to commemorate the 155th anniversary of William Brown’s passing.
Posted in Lecture
16 February 2012 Lecture “The Building of Dún Laoghaire Harbour” by Colin Scudds
Rush Seamen in the Great War – 100 faces from 1918 – Internees in Ruhleben, Berlin 1914 – The exhibition is located at Rush Library and will be open to the public from Tuesday 6 March until Friday 16 March. – click for more information
THURSDAY 24TH. MAY Edward Bourke “TAYLEUR FUND FOR SHIPWRECKED STRANGERS” – MEDALS AWARDED STRAND BAR, RUSH
AT 8.15 p.m.